Are you ready for the Internet of Things?
Rob van Kranenburg
Council and Tinker.it! present: Are you ready for the Internet of Things?
A LIFT @ Home event, december 4, 2009, Brussels, venue: IMAL.org
Lift is a series of events built around a community of pioneers who get together to explore the social implications of new technologies.
Tinker.it! is a design studio that build interactive products, spaces and events that bridge the physical and the digital.
Council is a thinkthank on the Internet of Things.
Register at A LIFT @ Home event
0930 : Opening with Rob van Kranenburg and Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino
0945 0955 : Lift @ Home with Nicolas Nova: existing networked objects and what they tell us about potential users and how designers/engineers thought about them
0955 - 1010 Internet of the Future and Internet of Things: What is at stake and how are we getting prepared for them? with Gérald Santucci, Head of Unit "Networked Enterprise and RFID", EU
1010 - 1020 The future of storytelling through scenarios, with Gill Wildman, Plot
1020 - 1035 The Internet of Goods, with Hein Gorter de Vries, GS1
1045 - 1145 : Inspiration
- RFID Guardian with Melanie Rieback
- Pachube and Connected Environments, with Usman Haque
- Nearness, with Timo Arnall
- Mime, with Lorna Goulden
- Noisetube, with Matthias Stevens
- Privacy Coach with Jaap Henk Hoepman
- Legal Issues in the Internet of Things, with Nicola Fabiano
- What I learned from the Violet experience with Rafi Haladjian: The problem with the Internet of Things, are the Things. “Or, how do you get to have open and intelligent artifacts and devices all around the place, without having to manufacture them, transporting them, distributing them (hardly very innovative). How do you creat proliferation, the Internet way, with atoms.”
1145 - 1245 Workshops (with input, questions and views by Gérald Santucci (Head of Unit, Networked Enterprise and Radio Frequency Identification, INFSO D4)
- WS 1: Accelerating the roadmap to an Internet of Things @ Home, Philips Design
- WS 2: IoT in education: creating an MBA
- WS 3: Interactive Role Playing workshop, Summ()n
- WS 4: Homesense, Tinker.it
- WS 5: HC Systems and Self-care, IDC Limerick
- WS 6: Tools for mediation in IoT
- WS 7: The Sensing City, Plot
1245 - 1400 Lunch
1400 - 1430 Inspiration
- Gaming, with Karim Amrani
- Urban Eyes, with Marcus Kirsch
- Awareness Technology, with Alan Munro
- TownToolKit, with Christian Nold
- A distributed physical network of humans through the city unveilling invisible and always mobile connections, with Natacha Roussel
- Social Implications of IoT, with Jim Kosem
1430 - 1630 Workshops continuation
1630 - 1730 Workshop leaders present the results. Short Q & A.
1730 - 1930 Dinner
2000-2200 Public evening program. Opening by Yves Bernard. With lectures, keynotes, interviews, short presentations of workshop results by workshopleaders. Speakers include Liam Bannon, Ben Schouten, Karim Amrani, Karmen Franinovic, Slava Kozlov on "New mindsets and personal/psychological skills we need to develop for the IoT", Jo Caudron...
Registration is open (http://liftconference.com/lift-at-home/events/2009/12/04/lift-brussel-council-and-tinkerit-present-are-you-ready-i). Entrance fee for the day program is 185 euros. For the evening 10 (5 for students).